Technology Transfer Office (TTO) at Agricultural Institute of Slovenia was established in March 2014, in the framework of the Cropsustain project, funded by the 7th research and technological development Framework Programme of the European Community.
The main objectives of the TTO are:
• development and implementation of AIS Intellectual Property Policy,
• promotion of scientific research at AIS and
• dissemination of achievements and knowledge transfer into practice.
The main TTO activities are:
- creating contacts between researchers and potential users of the AIS services;
- organizing the legal and administrative support of knowledge transfer into practice;
- providing support for technology development and preparing evaluation analyses of the research commercial potential;
- assistance in developing business strategies, market analyses and in establishment of spin-off companies;
- support for patent protection and protection of the new plant varieties;
- preparation of patent documentation and collaboration with patent attorney/office in patent applications;
- marketing technologies, licensing;
- negotiating agreements, with emphasis on the protection of intellectual property rights;
- promoting the AIS knowledge, organizing training courses.
Ela Žilič, M.Sc.
T: + 386 1 280 51 74