- We cultivate approximately 50 ha of test fields intended for scientific research and expert work.
- We perform tests according to the programmes of expert work in the field of the protection and registration of plant varieties and seed science and special testing of varieties for the descriptive list of varieties.
- We provide the International Organic Nitrogen Long-term Fertilisation Experiment IOSDV (arable crops and forage crops) in Jablje and Rakičan.
- We participate in breeding potato and selected varieties of arable crops, vegetable crops and forage crops.
- We provide support to the national programme Slovenian Plant Gene Bank, the purpose of which is to collect, evaluate, record, keep and multiply the Slovenian indigenous genetic resources of agricultural plants and wild plants.
- By organising the open days (transfer, grassland production), providing demonstrations and education, we enable the transfer of new findings to a wider community of users.
Blaž Germšek (T: + 386 1 564 45 61; E: Blaz.Germsek@kis.si) - head of the Centre for Research and Trials